D-Drill® 400 is an environmentally friendly HT multifunctional formulation used for water-based mud (WBM). It readily renders high-performing WBM upon mixing with bentonite, thinner, various brines and weighting agents. Based upon proprietorially constructed nanoscale structures, D-Drill® 400 contributes superbly in terms of filtrate control, solids suspension, micro fracture blockage and brine tolerance with an application temperature of up to 400 °F (204 °C) and calcium resistance of up to 10,000 ppm.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- Physical State: Powder Color Snow white
- Odor: None pH (aqueous) 5-9
- Specific Gravity 0.30-0.50
LAB TESTING & APPLICATION Typically, D-Drill® 400 is used in WBM at a dosage between 2.0 & 5.0 w/v%. Other ingredients can be added to the resultant WBM to address specific concerns. To acquire mud with desired properties, the following is recommended:
1) to an afore prepared D-Drill® 400 slurry (e.g. 4%), add bentonite, thinner salt & weighting agent;
2) the salt is post-introduced to ease the dispersing of D-Drill® 400, bentonite & thinner into the mud;
3) a thorough mixing with or without hot rolling is required for maximized performance.