D-Drill™ 400 Drilling Fluid Additive
D-Drill® 400 is an environmentally friendly HT multifunctional formulation used for water-based mud (WBM). It readily renders high-performing WBM upon mixing with bentonite, thinner, various brines and weighting agents. Based on proprietorially constructed nanoscale structures, D-Drill® 400 performs excellently in relation to filtrate control, solids suspension, microfracture blockage and brine tolerance, with an application temperature of up to 400 °F (204 °C) and calcium resistance of up to 10,000 ppm.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- Physical State: Powder Color Snow white
- Odor: None pH (aqueous) 5-9
- Specific Gravity 0.30-0.50
LAB TESTING & APPLICATION
Typically, D-Drill® 400 is used in WBM at dosages between 2.0 & 5.0 w/v%. Other ingredients can be added to the resultant WBM to address specific concerns. To acquire mud with desired properties, the following steps are recommended:
1) To a pre-prepared D-Drill® 400 slurry (e.g. 4%), add bentonite, thinner salt & weighting agent.
2) Post-introduce the salt to ease the dispersing of D-Drill® 400, bentonite & thinner into the mud
3) For maximized performance, mix thoroughly with or without hot rolling.
HE-Bio™ Production Aid
HE-Bio™ Production Aid is a field-proven, high-efficiency formulation made for enhanced oil recovery (EOR). It’s environmentally friendly, consisting of microbial-activating molecules produced via a microbial cell plant. HE-Bio™ Production Aid can be applied for not only water/steam/miscible flooding and huff-puff operations, but also for paraffin prevention and removal. The features of HE-Bio™ Production Aid include:
1) Effective reduction of IFT and surface tension, which mobilizes hydrocarbons entrapped in the porous medium.
2) Decreased critical micellar concentration (CMC) in water, meaning a smaller dosage can achieve the same results
3) Enhanced crude mobility through Incorporation of bioactive molecules that activate certain microorganisms
4)Decreased absorption loss, which increases the depth of treatment penetration in the reservoir
5) Inhibition of the harmful effects of SRB and FOB;
6) Biological crude viscosity reduction.
Our HE-Bio™ Production Aid undergoes post-treatment hydrolysis, which simplifies the demulsification process and minimizes cost. As an efficient and cost-effective EOR technology, the potential ultimate incremental recovery is estimated at 5 ~ 15% of the original oil in place (OOIP). Based on trials on approximately 100 wells, the daily production per well was increased to 200 ~ 2400% of the rate before treatment.
CleanFRAC™ All-Brine Non-Damaging Friction Reducer
CleanFRAC™ All-Brine Non-Damaging Friction Reducer is a revolutionary technology that is expected to enhance oil and gas production in that it uniquely tames pumping pressure. It is a self-cleaning/non-damaging FR that works under a majority of brine conditions. It’s resistant against iron ions and has been proven to render near zero formation damage without using any breaker. In contrast, none of the tested counterparts demonstrated iron-resistance and led to over 90% formation damage. CleanFRAC™ provides service companies with an advantage over their competition. Our process enhances pressure pumping and offers enhanced oil/gas production. Other benefits include rapid activation, extreme temperature adaptability and eco friendliness.
- Question #1: Why should I be concerned about iron-resistance of an FR when using fresh water?
- Answer: Even when fresh water is used, there is an abundance of iron ion in formation water. Because of acidizing during the spearhead stage, it still exists downhole. While all friction reducers tested thus far failed to perform in the presence of iron, CleanFRAC™ continued to perform successfully (about 80% friction reduction; Image below, LEFT). CleanFRAC™ remains crystal-clear in 500 ppm iron, whereas regular FRs showed extensive presence of precipitates (show in the middle image below). These solids can clog the well and lead to decreased production.
- Question #2: What do you mean when you say “non-damaging”?
- Answer: The goal of hydraulic fracturing is to enhance the permeability/conductivity of a reservoir, in an attempt to increase production profits. As shown in the image below on the right, CleanFRAC™ flows quicker than a regular friction reducer. Although it took roughly one hour (on par with that for pure water) for CleanFRAC™ to elute from the column (reservoir), it is predicted that the regular FR could take up to two years to do the same (a comparative video available), quite a difference indeed. Choosing to use CleanFRAC™ over regular friction reducers could potentially lead to more oil and gas production.